Thursday, June 3, 2010

Nothing happens unless first we dream.

Last night I dreamt that I was at uni, plausible so far since I do go there, it was a normal type of lecture about something that I can't remember, in that it imitated real life. When I got home I played some ukulele for ages, I was better than usual, that didn't tip me off that it was a dream though. After playing Pachebel's Canon in D I went to the toilet, it was quite a convincing dream still. As I washed my hands I looked at the mirror, and things started to get weird. I realised that I looked almost exactly like a particular girl I know, except I still had my beard. I was quite worried about it, but there wasn't much I could do about it in the end. I ended up going to a friend's place, and everyone kept on saying things like "Luke, you're looking nice today, you're almost as manly as (Girl's name)." It annoyed me every time somebody used her name, I had become very self-conscious about it. Soon I became incredibly annoyed as every single person I knew told me I looked like that girl, but more girly (except for the girl herself, who didn't seem to notice my appearance or the people's comments). So annoyed that I magically turned up at home, at which time I smashed my ukulele in frustration. That was when I woke up terrified. I quickly found my ukulele to make sure it was fine and then went back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment