Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My spectacular vernacular: destitute

I want to introduce some continuity to this thing, thus I'm going to have a discussion about words that I like and wish to use more often. Today I'm liking destitute (dĕs'tĭ-tūt',-tyūt'). It's very much a whimsical thing, but I find the word appealing. Probably all the words I'll say in this will not have any real reasons for liking them, they'll just sound cool. Destitute basically means lacking, many people think it only applies to lack of money apparently, but that's not the case. I think it can be applied in relation to a lack of anything, so I have an Ivory umbrella stand destitution... I’ll have to do something about that.
There you have it, that's the first word that I've been enjoying lately, there should be more a'coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment